Sunday 21 September 2008

I am Superman

Not often am I inspired by goodness in the human condition. Saturday 20th September 2008 was different. I bought the book "The Book of Lies" by Brad Meltzer and came across the site: Book of Lies Soundtrack.

Then I came across http://www.ordinarypeoplechangetheworld.com/ which then took be to songs by 'Five for Fighting'. And then I got the song 'Superman' - and lyrics here:http://www.lyrics007.com/Five%20For%20Fighting%20Lyrics/Superman%20Lyrics.html

Today:

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me
Inside of me
Inside me
Yeah, inside me
Inside of me
I'm only a man
In a funny red sheet
I'm only a man
Looking for a dream

I'm inspired by the human condition or a small portion of it - my misanthropy put on hold.

Today and hopefully for the foreseeable future I am delighted to be counted as one of the nerds who say 'I am Superman'!!

No comments: